Thursday, December 20, 2007

Polyvore of the Day: Double your LEGER, Double your fun

I'm in a love affair...with Hervé Leger. (Don't tell my boyfriend, please.) I know, I know - so is everyone else and their mother. It seems that you can't open a magazine these days without seeing some celebrity smooshed into one of his vintage or new ace-bandage-like dresses. One website describes his work as thus:

His dresses have the properties formally associated with foundation garments: the ability to mold the body and keep it in place. They enhance the figure, metamorphosing the wearer into cartoonlike proportions with full bust and hips.

I like the sound of that. And I like ace bandages. Go figure.

For a little inspiration, I've picked a polyvore that actually features a dress from Leger's new line. If you want to find a vintage version, be prepared to shell out some serious cash. His 80's and early 90's versions are going for 4 digit prices these days. Of course, with the promise of looking like Jessica Biel when she wore hers a few years back for some awards show, I'd put my money on the table. The polyvore is from Zeroed and he/she gets it right.



My Pick:

1. Herve Leger gown @ Rare Vintage





1 comment:

wild africa said...

The Rank Herve Leger Dress fashion shows are often populated with celebrities and famous actresses dressed in Herve Leger bandage dresses.Famous fans, Lindsay Lohan, Rihanna and Kate Bosworth.